We've made the Immunization & Injection module more flexible by giving control of what vaccinations/injections your pharmacy offers back to you!
Instead of reaching out to our customer success team when you want to add or remove a specific vaccine or injection, your team can make the change instantly.
This article will help you understand how to set vaccine/injection availability, and how this is reflected on the patient-side and pharmacist-side respectively.
Here's how to set vaccine availability
Click the 3 vertical dots in the bottom left of the page
3. Click "Appointment Types" on the settings page
4. Select the "Immunization/Injection" appointment type
5. Under the "General" tab for the Immunization/Injection appointment type, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
6. You will see a new section called "Available Injections". Click the "Edit Injection List" button.
NOTE: All pharmacies had their available injection list automatically defaulted to none.
7. After clicking the "Edit Injection List" button, you will see a list of all potential vaccines/injections that your pharmacy may want to offer.
**Please note that this list is not Province-specific and pharmacists may not be authorized to administer all products listed**
8. Check the box(s) for any injections you want to offer.
9. Click the "Update Injection List" to save the list.
10. You will now see the previously selected vaccines/injections displayed.
Patient Side Changes
If you enable public intake for this appointment type, your patients will only be able to select a vaccine/injection that you have already chosen to make available at your pharmacy.
Pharmacist Side Notes
As an additional note, if an I&I appointment is booked from the pharmacist-side, there are no restrictions to the vaccine/injection list. This means that the entire list of vaccines and injections is able to be selected. The vaccine toggle only restricts the patient-facing vaccine/injection list.
Overall, we hope that this update helps you feel more confident allowing patients to self-register knowing that they can only select a vaccine or injection that has been made available by pharmacy staff.
Have questions or looking to add new modules to your MedMe platform? Email us at email@example.com, or message us via live chat!
Have an idea or feature request? Please share on our feature requests board.